Heat the olive oil, butter, celery, carrots and onion in a large pot over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften.
Add the meat and cook until there are no signs of pink. Remove from the heat and try to drain off any extra fat.
Return the pot to the heat and add the wine. Cook until the wine is almost completely evaporated.
Add the milk and nutmeg. Cook, stirring, until the milk is almost gone.
Put the tomatoes and the broth into the pot. Add the salt and pepper.
Simmer, uncovered, for three hours, checking occasionally to make sure that the sauce does not dry out. If the sauce gets too dry, add broth.
Check the sauce for seasoning and add more to taste.
Cook the pasta according to package directions and then drain. Place the pasta in a large serving bowl and ladle the sauce over the top.
Sprinkle with the parsley and cheese and serve.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades