Pasta is a ridiculously versatile food. You can have it with almost any kind of meat, vegetable, or sauce that you could imagine, and unless you throw in something totally bizarre, it usually tastes good. If you're really feeling fancy, you can even make dessert pasta.
But what about the people who prefer theirs with nothing on it? A plain old pile of pasta doesn't exactly look appetizing, so if you want to spice it up a bit (so to speak), try this super easy method for making your very own rainbow colored pasta.
All you need is pasta, water, and food coloring. Ali used linguine, but any type of pasta will work, and you can use as many or few colors as you like.
Start by cooking the pasta just like you normally would. For each color, put 20 drops of food coloring plus 2 tablespoons of water into a large Ziploc bag.
Once the pasta is done, drain and rinse it in cold water, then divide it into the bags. Seal each bag and let them sit for a few minutes, then drain off the extra food coloring and you're ready to serve!
Check out Ali's post on Quick Dish for more details.
And if you're worried about using food coloring, try finding some natural food coloring instead, or make your own from foods like beets or cranberries.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades