Make your pasta dough more aesthetically pleasing with spinach! Spinach pasta doesn't just look colorful and vibrant— it tastes great, too! This beautiful pasta dough is made with fresh spinach, sautéed and puréed, which is added to flour, eggs and salt.
Roberta Dowling shares her tips and tricks for preparing the colorful dough with the added benefit of vitamin-rich spinach. After 10 minutes of kneading (making pasta is not for wimps!), let the dough rest for half an hour, then roll into angel hair, spaghetti, ravioli... Fresh pasta cooks quickly, so all your hard work will pay off when you're ready to assemble a meal. Just add your favorite sauce, freshly grated cheese and you're done.
For Spinach Purée
* 1 cup water
* ½ lb (3 cups) spinach leaves, washed but not dried
* pinch of salt
* 3 cups flour
* 2 eggs
* pinch of salt
* if dough feels dry, add another egg white, egg yolk or 2-4 tbsp water
* fine-mesh strainer or tamis
* blender or food processor
* plastic bench scraper
* stainless bench scraper
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades