In this episode of Paula's Best Dishes, with guest Cheryl Day, celebrity chef Paula Deen shares her recipe for Lots O'Meat Lasagna. If you and your family love a meaty pasta, this is definitely going to be a winning recipe in your house. And if you want to be just like Paula Deen, you can make some garlic bread and turn that slice of lasagna into a lasagna sandwich!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (5-ounce) package grated Parmigianno-Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 9 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 2 (8-ounce) packages shredded mozzarella
For the complete walkthrough, check out the video lesson below. If the video is not working, you can also watch the video recipe over on the Food Network.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.