Lila from Asian Cooking Made Easy shares her recipe for Singapore Noodles, which she makes with shrimp, chicken, rice noodles and a semi-sweet curry sauce.
The rice stick noodles must be soaked in warm water for about 15 minutes, and the pre-cooked frozen shrimp goes into cool water to defrost. She cuts the chicken into one-inch pieces and sprinkles it with garlic salt and Shao Hsing wine and lets it marinate for 15 to 20 minutes. The frozen pepper and onion mix is microwaved for five minutes.
She makes up two batches of the sauce, which consists of dark brown sugar, soy sauce, curry powder and hot chili sauce. When the shrimp is defrosted she removes the tails and sprinkles it with sugar and garlic salt. Then she drains the noodles and tosses them with peanut oil.
She cooks the chicken in peanut oil in the wok until it is lightly browned, then removes it. She adds some more peanut oil to the wok, puts the noodles in and mixes in one batch of the sauce. Then she adds in the shrimp and vegetables, and finally the chicken, mixing all the ingredients together thoroughly. After removing the wok from the heat, she adds the second batch of the sauce for extra flavor, and it‚Äôs ready to serve.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades