While ramen noodles aren't unhealthy per se, they aren't packed full of vitamins either. But if you're a fan of these cheap, tasty noodles, there are ways to make the meal more balanced.
You Will Need
* Ramen noodles
* A source of protein
* A computer with internet access
* Spices, sauces, or stock (optional)
* Peanuts or cashews (optional)
Step 1: Know your facts
Read the label on your ramen. These noodles are mostly carbohydrates and fat, so you will want to balance that with protein, vitamins, and minerals.
Step 2: Discard the flavor packet
Discard the flavor packet. It contains mostly sodium and is not healthy at all. If you really want the flavor, use one-quarter or less of the seasoning.
Replace the ramen seasoning with your own mixture of spices, sauces, or stock.
Step 3: Add protein
Add a protein source to your ramen dish. Crack an egg into the boiling water for egg drop ramen, or add lean chicken or beef.
Nuts are also a good source of protein. Stir peanuts or cashews into your noodles.
Step 4: Add vegetables
Add nutrients to your ramen by mixing in vegetables. Broccoli and carrots are chock full of vitamins, but any mix of fresh or cooked vegetables will do the trick.
Step 5: Cook and mix
Cook your noodles and additional ingredients, mix everything together, season, and serve.
Step 6: Check online
Check online for more ramen recipes. The possibilities are endless.
Fact: If you stretched out all the noodles in a package of ramen to form a straight line, it would be about 167 feet long.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades