Prepare this easy and healthy Italian meal. Its like a vacation on your plate!
ROASTED TOMATO AND BROCCOLI WITH PENNE
8 large plum tomatoes - seeded and quartered
2 cups broccoli florets
2 shallots, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chicken broth
3 Tablespoons slivered fresh basil leaves
2 Tablespoons minced fresh oregano
1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 pound Penne pasts
freshly grated Parmesan cheese
crusty bread for serving
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Place all ingredients except for penne and parmesan in a rectangular baking dish or 9-by-13-inch pan; toss together well. Roast for 30 minutes or until the tomatoes are very soft.
2. While the vegetables are roasting, cook the penne and set aside. When the vegetables are done, stir in the cooked pasta, however much parmesan as you want, and taste for salt and pepper. Serve immediately with a great salad and crusty bread!
Serves 4. You can garnish the dish with big sprigs of basil.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades