This is how to make a Kugel. Get out your eggs, noodles, sour cream, cottage cheese, sugar, and fruit salad. This is a classic kosher Passover treat or dish for any Jewish holiday.
Kugels may be sweet or savory. The most common types are made from egg noodles (called lochshen kugels) or potatoes and often contain potatoes, but there are recipes in everyday use in modern Jewish kitchens for a great diversity of kugels made with different vegetables, fruit, batters, cheese, and other flavorings and toppings.
Some modern cooks add a small amount of baking powder. In addition to lightening the dish, the powder's alkaline chemistry breaks down the potatoes and produces a smoother texture while promoting browning.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades