Vijay Wanchoo of the Imperial Hotel in Janpath, India shares this recipe.
To make the concasse sauce he removes the skin of the tomatoes by putting them into hot water for a few seconds, then immediately into cold water; the skin then peels off easily. The tomatoes are then sliced, seeded and cubed.
Next he sautés the chopped onions and garlic in olive oil, adds crushed black pepper, some vegetable broth, a bit of sugar and the tomatoes. This is cooked for about 10 minutes, then he adds some salt, the rest of the stock and some thyme.
In another pan he puts some butter, garlic, dry red chilies and the cooked pasta. Into this goes the tomato concasse sauce, along with some black pepper and salt to taste. A little Parmesan cheese on the top for garnish and it's done.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades