Macaroni and Bechamel Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Cup Milk
- Salt to taste
- Sprinkle of Nutmeg
1. Cook flour until it becomes a golden color. This step gives the flour a nice nutty flavor
2. Add butter, melt over low heat flame and mix well with flour
3. Add the milk very gradually and blending thoroughly
4. Add salt and pepper to taste stir constantly to prevent the mixture from becoming lumpy until it reaches the desired thickness. You may add more milk depending on the consistency you are looking for.
5. Add the nutmeg
- Pasta of your choice
- Boil according to cooking directions on the bag
Meat and tomato sauce filling:
-1 large diced onion
-1 teaspoon each of oregano and basil
-Fresh parsley, optional
-Salt, black pepper, allspice to taste
-Mix the cooked beef with tomato paste, hot water, add the herbs and cook for about 20 or until the sauce has cooked taste.
-Add the meat sauce mix to the pasta
-I usually microwave it for about ten minutes, to give it this cooked taste.
Assembly of the dish:
1- In the baking pan, mix the half of the macaroni with 1 cup Bechamel Sauce
2- Add the mix of the tomato paste and the ground beef over the macaroni.
3- Keep on making layers of the macaroni, bechamel sauce and meat until you are done with them
4- You may sprinkle the top with grated cheese of your choice.
5- Bake in a 350 Fahrenheit degree oven until the edges and the top turns golden brown color.
6- Serve hot.
Start your career in Graphic Design with the WonderHowTo's Beginners’s Guide to Photoshop Course